How to Clone a Windows Server 2008 R2 Hard Drive
Document relates to: DiskImage
I need to clone a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine, because the hard drive is failing. How do I do this?
To clone a Windows Server 2008 R2 hard drive, please do the following:
- Run DiskImage bootable CD and use the Clone function, changing the options to Direct Forensic. NOTE: Make sure to include the system reserve partition and indicate to make it bootable!
- Reboot into DiskImage with the power cable removed from the original hard drive.
- Use the boot manager to set the system reserve partition on the new hard drive as primary and active.
- Reboot using the Windows 8 Server installation CD but choose ‘repair’ rather than ‘install’ then choose ‘command prompt’.
- Run the following in order:
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
Your new hard drive should be all set to run just like the old one.
This article can be found by searching for:
Keywords: How To: DiskImage; DiskImage: Clone
You can view this article online at: